Suggested Reading: What is a Scenario?
Whitesource is a commercial tool and therefore a valid license is necessary to activate its Scenario.
Tool Specific Permissions
When activating your Whitesource Scenario you can optionally enter your Whitesource User Key . You will need to supply the User Key if your Whitesource account has “Enforce user level access” turned on (to check this, in the Whitesource Web UI, go to Home > Admin > Integration > Advanced Settings):
Activate Whitesource Scenario
- Login to the web UI and then go to zn ADM > Scenarios .
- Locate the Whitesource Scenario tile.
- Click on the +Add Scenario button to the bottom right of the tile.
- Select Scenario Configuration “whitesource-agent”.
Items in bold are required.
- Name (see our Scenario Name Recommendations)
- API Key
- Whitesource URL - Specify this if your Whitesource account is not on their default SaaS platform. (https://saas.whitesourcesoftware.com). For example, EU customers may need to specify something like “https://saas-eu.whitesourcesoftware.com”.
- User Key - See above to find out if you need to specify this.
- Scenario will become available as a drop down when creating a Policy
- Scenario tile will change from “inactive” to “active”