Suggested Reading: What is a Scenario?
Veracode is a commercial tool and therefore a valid license is necessary to activate its Scenario.
Tool Specific Permissions
Using an API Key
First, generate your API ID / Key pair from your Veracode account:
- Sign in to the Veracode Web UI ( https://veracode.com ).
- Click on your account avatar near the upper right.
- Select API Credentials .
- In the subsequent screen, click Generate API Credentials .
- You will get a new “ID” and a “Secret Key”. Copy and store these values in a secure manner. The generated Key is valid for 1 calendar year.
Note : Even if using the API ID/Key for your Scenario, if the password expires for the associated account, the ID/Key combination will stop working until the password is reset.
Activate Veracode Scenario
- Login to the web UI and then go to zn ADM > Scenarios .
- Locate the Twistlock Scenario tile.
- Click on the +Add Scenario button to the bottom right of the tile.
- Select Scenario Configuration “veracode-agent”.
Items in bold are required.
- Name (see our Scenario Name Recommendations)
- API Key ID (see instructions above to obtain)
- API Key Secret (see instructions above to obtain)
- Scenario will become available as a drop down when creating a Policy
- Scenario tile will change from “inactive” to “active”