I have migrated the v0.8 database to v1 for an instance of Drone connected to GitHub.
From a clean database (dropped and re-created), I’ve run the following steps:
setup-database migrate-users migrate-repos migrate-secrets migrate-registries remove-renamed update-repos.
All processes complete successfully.
For the repos I’ve testeed this with, the
migrate-repos steps reports
migrate repository and
remove-renamed step reports
skip repository, found in remote system and finally the
update-repos step reports
updated metadata for the repositories I’ve tested the migration with.
Please note that the
activate-repos was not run because we want the development teams to activate their repos themselves as some of the pipelines need updating.
From the Drone database point of view, I can see that the secrets, repos and users have been migrated: the following queries return the expected number of secrets for the repos being tested:
select repo_id, repo_uid, repo_slug, repo_user_id, user_login, secret_id, secret_name from drone.repos left outer join drone.secrets on repos.repo_id = secrets.secret_repo_id left outer join drone.users on repos.repo_user_id = users.user_id where repos.repo_slug = 'my-organisation/my-repo';
Yet, once the server is started after the migration, a user logs in (with Drone admin rights), the repos have been synced and the admin user activates a repo, no secrets are shown in the the repo’s settings page in the Drone UI.
We are running Drone v1.9.0 and drone-migrate v1.2.0