Suggested Reading: What is a Scenario?
IBM App Scan is a commercial tool and therefore a valid license is necessary to activate its Scenario.
This article assumes that you are using your own private instance of IBM App Scan, installed on a Windows environment, which is the most common configuration.
Activate AppScan Scenario
- Login to the web UI and then go to znADM > Scenarios .
- Locate the AppScan Scenario tile.
- Click on the +Add Scenario button to the bottom right of the tile.
- Select Scenario Configuration “default-base-scan”
Items in bold are required.
- Name (see our Scenario Name Recommendations)
- Enter ASE URL as “https://appscan.mydomain.com” or similar. Omit the trailing “/”.
- Enter the ASE Port number.
- Enter the Checkmarx ASE Username . This should be in form like
username\domain, where the “domain” is the Windows domain that the username is a member of. For example “Joe\Users”.
- Enter the ASE Password .
- Scenario will become available as a drop down when creating a Policy
- Scenario Tile will change from “inactive” to “active”