I have an issue with the drone-runner-docker helm chart provided by drone here: charts/charts/drone-runner-docker at master · drone/charts · GitHub
- EKS (aws k8s) with
- both drone and drone-runner installed with the official helm charts provided above.
- With the drone-runner helm chart, a sidecar is created for the dind container which is where builds run.
The symptom is:
- All build containers cannot access external urls from the dind sidecar. Both the dind sidecar and main drone-runner image can access external urls.
- To fix this, i can manually run containers and add
--network hostto my docker command.
- I noticed in the documentation, i can add DOCKER_RUNNER_NETWORKS=host to the deployment and that should attach the host network to the pipeline.This however does not work for me.
- I have confirmed the variable gets passed into the drone-runner container.
- It was not present in the dind sidecar, which seems correct after viewing the chart source.
Any tips of debugging the DOCKER_RUNNER_NETWORKS value?Thanks in advance!