Today we tagged a 1.2.0 release which includes a number of small features and improvements. See our CHANGELOG also mirrored below.
- endpoint to trigger new build for default branch, by @bradrydzewski. #2679.
- endpoint to trigger new build for branch, by @bradrydzewski. #2679.
- endpoint to trigger new build for branch and sha, by @bradrydzewski. #2679.
- enable optional prometheus metrics guest access, by @janberktold
- fallback to database when logs not found in s3, by @bradrydzewski. #2689.
- support for custom stage definitions and runners, by @bradrydzewski. #2680.
- update drone-yaml to version 1.1.0
- retrieve latest build by branch, by @tboerger.
- copy the fork value when restarting a build, by @bradrydzewski. #2708.
- make healthz available without redirect, by @bradrydzewski. #2706.
Custom Stage Definitions
The most notable feature in this release is support for custom pipeline and custom stage definitions . With custom pipeline definitions, you can define custom pipeline configuration and create custom pipeline runners. For example, imagine you want to create a custom pipeline runner that uses qemu as the runtime:
--- version: 1 kind: pipeline type: qemu settings: image: debian.img platform: os: linux arch: amd64 steps: - name: build commands: - go build - go test
We will be releasing templates and a framework for creating custom definitions and runners in the coming days. We will also provide a couple of reference implementations, include a host machine runner that executes pipelines on the host instead, as an alternative to executing pipelines in containers. Stay tuned for more announcements!